Effective 10th September 2022
Archbishop Eamon Martin, Apostolic Administrator has announced the following clergy changes/appointments in the Diocese of Dromore, to take effect on 10th September 2022.
- Very Rev Canon Gerald Powell to retire as Parish Priest of Tullylish and to reside in the Parochial House, Burren Parish.
- Very Rev Desmond Loughran, PP Mayobridge to become Parish Priest of Tullylish Parish and Vicar Forane of the St Patrick’s Pastoral Area.
- Rt Rev Mgr. Hugh Connolly, returning to the Diocese of Dromore following his chaplaincy at the Irish College in Paris over the past five years, to become Parish Priest of Mayobridge.
- Rev. Colm Murphy, returning from a period of sabbatical and study leave, to be CC of the parishes of Moyraverty and Seagoe.
- Rev Shajan Panachickal Michael, on loan from the Eparchy of Kothamangalam, India, to be CC Magheralin.
- Fr. Robert Markuszewski, CC in the Parishes of Newry and Saval, returning to be a Parish Priest in his home city of Bialystok, Poland.
- Fr Krzysztof Kosciolek, SChr, CC in the parishes of Burren and Warrenpoint, to take up a new position in the Society of Christ Province of the Sacred Heart.
- Fr Wojciech Stachyra SChr, currently working in the Archdiocese of Westminster, to be CC in the parishes of Newry and Saval, with an outreach to the Polish community in the region.
- Rev Carlos Esteban Rojo, on loan from the Archdiocese of Armagh, to continue his ministry as Deacon in the Parishes of Newry and Saval.
- Permanent Deacon, Rev Brendan McAllister will continue his ministry in the Parish of Kilbroney, Rostrevor.
- Permanent Deacon, Rev Gerard McBrien will continue his ministry in the Parishes of Clonduff and Drumgath.
Please pray for all those who are moving this September and offer a Mass in the coming days for their intentions and for the intentions of all in the Diocese of Dromore.
Most Rev Eamon Martin
Diocese of Dromore